Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Old

As part of my continuing effort to stay Occupied and Not Dwelling On Things, I joined a softball team. A girl I work with asked me, and I said yes thinking it would be a good opportunity to get out and be active.

First practice today: I'm awful! I can't field because I run slow and I popped my Bad right elbow hitting and now it hurts. And I have a sunburn.

I hope she's not sorry she asked me. I still think it is going to be fun, but I've got to get in shape. I needed to do that anyway, but I have GOT to now or I'm going to be very embarrassed.

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM , Blogger gfh said...

You are NOT old!!!!!! You'll have fun (says the girl who would shriek if a softball came her way), I think. Batter up:)!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said...

As someone older than you. . . I think I can safely say that you are NOT too old for anything. And as someone that played softball but was horrible at it. . . it's all in fun, right?

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Brando said...

You are not old. I have been walking at night with a 19 year old girl and I am about to pass out and she is still going strong. Tonight it was 2 3/4 miles.

You will be doing great in no time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home