Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, September 23, 2007

And A Meme...

I was tagged by pixiegirl for a Christmas Meme:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Wrap. But, wait, you can just set them under the tree? Because I'm all for it.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put up your decorations? If I feel like it. There have been years (like the last three) when I don't put up any.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey with cranberry salad.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Uh, I got nothing. I can't remember anything from childhood.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really remember believing in Santa, though I guess I did.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sure, lots.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? Several things my mom gave me that were ornaments I made as a kid. Ditto for husband's mom. Several that belonged to his grandmother. Some I've collected myself. Hallmark Star Trek ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread? Love it.
12. Can you ice skate? I'd like to, but I've never tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My mother-in-law buys me yarn. Last year I got some Opal.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being at home.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumkin pie.
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? Don't know.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. What is your favourite holiday book? A Stitch in Time by Barbara Michaels. This is only a holiday book because the story takes place at Christmas time, but I read it every Christmas.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Do You Hear What I Hear?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Yummy. Very.

It's possible I'm not all that into Christmas.

I'm tagging Ragged.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM , Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said...

Uhoh, I'd better get busy.

(Cynical too has a collection of Star Trek ornaments. . . all tucked away in their boxes. He won't put them on the tree.)

And candy canes are ever so delicious.

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger Hope said...

Don't tell Cynical, but I don't even have some of my boxes anymore. When the basement flooded, they got soaked and I had to throw them away. The ornaments were fine; now I wrap them in tissue paper and put them in little holiday bags.

I've thought about buying some of those little ornament display hooks for them and leaving them out all year long. Though I can't do that now for a while, because THE BABY IN COMING!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home