Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, November 01, 2007

I Admit It...

I don't have much to say, but I thought I should post since it's been a month and everything.

Sock Wars is stalled. I killed my victim and now I'm waiting for her to do her duty and she's very slow about it.

We've been working on the baby's room. Hope the baby will be home soon, but it probably won't be until after Christmas.

I signed up for NaNoWriMo and managed to do 566 words first thing this morning. I hope to make it past 1667 later tonight. My novel is a Sci-Fi/Caper/Romance that I am totally winging, having only the barest idea what I wanted to write when I started. It loosely fits into the Steampunk genre, a genre I love and yet didn't realize actually had a name until I was roaming around the NaNoWriMo forum. I'm also reading Tom Jones for KTC this month which is a very good lesson for NaNoWriMo; Henry Fielding was a master at taking a sentence's worth of information and making it fill a page.

3 Comments:

At 7:57 PM , Blogger gfh said...

The steampunk genre fits in with your blog background, no:)? I don't know what my genre is, and I haven't even started TJ yet...
urgh. Well done with the killing, though!!
:)

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger gfh said...

PS. You kind of look like Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke. Is that the right show?

 
At 4:18 AM , Blogger quantumtea said...

Dickens was another "why say it in a paragraph when you can string it out to a chapter"

I like steampunk. Do we get to read it when it's done?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home